Here are the details for the next Sovereignty Conversation Community Forum:
The Colonization of Hawaii 1897-2014 and Decolonization Efforts Worldwide Today
Tuesday, March 25, 7:00pm-8:30pm
Olelo Community Media studio
1122 Mapunapuna St. (see map »)
- Attorney Dexter Kaiama will point out illegalities at every step of Hawai’i’s path to becoming part of America.
- Williamson Chang, professor at UH Law School, will discuss the strong Hawaiian resistance at each of these stages.
- Attorney Poka Laenui, Fred Cachola (longtime extension education chief at Kamehameha Schools), and Dante Carpenter (Democrat Party chair and former Big Island Mayor), will discuss the Colonization of Hawai’i.
- Professor Manu Kaiama will show the large number of countries that have been decolonized worldwide in the last twenty-five years.
- OHA Trustee Peter Apo will then talk about OHA’s commitment of support. He will also sing “Hawai‘i Loa Kū Like Kākou.”
- Dr. Kioni Dudley will facilitate the forum.
Also on ‘Ōlelo Channel 53 (live).